At the Federal House Inn, we’re dedicated to providing all of our guests with a memorable Berkshires B&B experience. Our policies are designed to ensure that each guest receives the highest standards in service.
Federal House Inn’s Berkshires B&B Policies
Check-in and Check-out:
Check-in is between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Early / late check-ins may be possible if prearranged via phone, however, there will be a fee of $25 per hour for early check-in. Regardless, no check-ins can be accommodated prior to 2 p.m., though we will be happy to accept your luggage and set it in your room once that room has been cleaned and prepared.
Check out is 11:00 am. Again, exceptions will be made on an individual basis whenever feasible.
All room prices at Federal House Inn are based on double occupancy, including the Joseph’s Suite. There will be a $35 fee for each additional person (applicable in the Michael’s Room, Helen’s Room, Miriam’s Room and Joseph Suite).
On weekends during the months of July and August (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) a three-night stay is required at Federal House Inn. Exceptions may be made when possible. Please call and we will make every effort to satisfy your individual needs. In September there is no weekend minimum (except Labor Day, which is a 2 night minimum). Please contact us for more information about specials at our Berkshires B&B. Rates and minimum stays may vary for holidays and special events.
During the first weekend in December, the weekends before and after Valentine’s day, and the Sunday following Easter there is a two night minimum without exception.
Rates at Federal House Inn are subject to change without notice. A 11.7% state and local room tax applies to all rates at our Berkshires B&B. Please visit our Online Reservation Calendar for specific rates to the days you’re interested in. You are always welcome to call with questions and concerns or for help choosing the perfect room for your stay.
Pet Friendly Rooms:
We have one dog friendly room (Michael’s Room) for your well behaved pup friend. There is a $50 non-refundable pet fee. House rules:
(1) The dog must not disturb guests in any way.
(2) No dog is to be left unattended when guests are away from the inn.
(3) Dogs are to be crated or kenneled in the room while you are at the inn but away from your quarters (breakfast, wine hour, etc.).
(4) No dogs are to be in the common areas with the exception of trained, certified service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
(5) Violations and “accidents” will incur a $100 penalty and guests whose animal causes a disturbance may be asked to leave the inn.
Deposits and Refunds:
100% deposit is required for one-night stays. A single night’s deposit is required for two nights or longer stays.
As we are a small property, it is difficult for us to rebook a room on short notice. For that reason, the following policy is in place:
– Cancellations must be received at least 14 days prior to your date of arrival and will be assessed a $50 (per room) cancellation fee; any remainder will be refunded.
– Cancellations within 14 days of arrival will be charged for the first night’s reservation.
– Early departures will be charged for the full reservation.
– No-shows are charged for the full reservation.
We realize that situations may arise necessitating cancellation and that you are already disappointed at not being able to keep your reservation. We do not wish to add to that disappointment. We highly recommend our guests protect against the unforeseen by securing trip cancellation insurance from organizations like Allianz Global Assist (www.allianztravelinsurance.com), Generali Global Assist (us.generaliglobalassistance.com), or provider of your choice.
More Helpful Info
- Children 10 years and older are welcome. Parents are requested to remain with their younger children.
- Well behaved dogs can be accommodated in Michael’s Room.
- We are a totally non-smoking inn. Smoking is not permitted within the inn or within 20 feet of the porches. Smoking is permitted in the garden seating area at our Berkshires B&B.