Nestle into comfort, culture, and the outdoors at the Federal House Inn for a luxurious Berkshires bed and breakfast experience.
Relax and enjoy our warm, elegant, and welcoming hospitality at the Federal House Inn – a meticulously and beautifully restored stately home built in 1824 by Thomas Hurlbut, previous owner of the nearby paper mill.
Explore Attractions near Our Berkshires Bed and Breakfast
Sitting in South Lee, a mile outside of Stockbridge, The Federal House Inn is nestled in an ideal location with views of Beartown Mountain and Yale Hill. We’re centrally located to numerous southern Berkshire attractions including Tanglewood, the Appalachian Trail, and Butternut Ski Resort.
Distances from Our Berkshires Bed and Breakfast
Mass Pike – 3 miles (10 min); Stockbridge – 1 mile (5 min); Lee – 3 miles (10 min); Lenox – 7 miles (11 min); Great Barrington – 9 miles (16 min); Pittsfield – 15 miles (24 min); Williamstown – 35 miles (50 min); North Adams – 43 miles (60 min.)
Enjoy Warm and Welcoming Hospitality
Innkeepers Brian and Kolleen Weinrich provide the warm hospitality and welcoming experience guests have come to expect when staying at this elegant Berkshires bed and breakfast.
- Begin your day with a delicious, candlelit, three-course breakfast by the fire in the charming Federal House Inn dining room complete with the original wide board pine flooring.
- Relax on the lawn under the stately copper beech tree.
- Enjoy an evening glass of wine in the charming living room.
- Complete your day with brandy and chocolates back at the inn, or a coffee freshly brewed in the guest pantry.
- Relax in front of your own fireplace (gas or electric) in your “home away from home.”
Let Brian and Kolleen make your next Berkshire stay an especially memorable experience at the Federal House Inn – the Premier Berkshires Bed and Breakfast