Nestle into comfort, or just relax and enjoy our warm, elegant, and welcoming hospitality at the Federal House Berkshires Bed and Breakfast Inn.
The Federal House Inn, a B&B in the Berkshires MA, is a beautifully restored stately home built in 1824 by Thomas Hurlbut, previous owner of the nearby paper mill.
Immerse yourself in nearby attractions
Sitting in South Lee, a mile outside of Stockbridge, The Federal House Inn is nestled in an ideal location with views of Beartown Mountain and Yale Hill. We’re centrally located to numerous southern Berkshire attractions including Tanglewood, the Appalachian Trail, and Butternut Ski Resort.
Distances: Mass Pike – 3 miles (10 min); Stockbridge – 1 mile (5 min); Lee – 3 miles (10 min); Lenox – 7 miles (11 min); Great Barrington – 9 miles (16 min); Pittsfield – 15 miles (24 min); Williamstown – 35 miles (50 min); North Adams – 43 miles (60 min.)
Enjoy Warm and Welcoming Hospitality:
Innkeepers Brian and Kolleen Weinrich provide the warm hospitality and welcoming experience guests have come to expect when staying at the Federal House.
- Begin your day with a delicious, candlelight, three-course breakfast by the fire in the charming Federal House Berkshires Bed and Breakfast Inn dining room complete with the original wide board pine flooring.
- Relax on the lawn under the stately copper beech tree.
- Enjoy an evening glass of wine in the charming living room.
- Complete your day with brandy and chocolates back at the inn, or a coffee freshly brewed in the guest pantry.
- Relax in front of your own fireplace [gas or electric] in your “home away from home.”
Let Brian and Kolleen make your next Berkshire stay an especially memorable experience at the Federal House Berkshires Bed and Breakfast Inn.